Re: [cdt-dev] Qemu User-mode + Cross Compiler

On 16 Jan 2015, at 16:20, Rafael Peria de Sene <rpsene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    Is this plugin generic enough to support others architecture ? I never tried it before.

the plug-in just starts qemu as a gdb server, the rest is standard Eclipse behviour.

but, as I said, my interest is limited to ARM, I have no experience with other QEMU architectures.

>    During a debugging section how does it work ? Do you use the embedded GDB server available within Qemu and connect to it from Eclipse ? Are you able to navigate through the source code ?

yes

it behaves exactly like the j-link gdb server or the openocd started as a gdb server. you load flash/ram via the gdb client, set breakpoints, single step, inspect sources, etc. like in any debug session.

and, on arm, you can also enable semihosting, so you can see the trace messages or even read/write files on the host (useful for unit tests, to leave the xml report).

if you want to play with it, you can use the beta version available from

	http://gnuarmeclipse.sourceforge.net/updates-test

instructions on how to build the custom QEMU (required by the plug-in) are available from

	http://gnuarmeclipse.livius.net/wiki/Main_Page#QEMU

when ready it is planned to provide binaries for QEMU, but currently it is work in progress.

regards,

Liviu

Back to the top