Re: [cdt-dev] Customizing debug hierarchy and LaunchVMAdapter

On 2014-09-23, 1:53 AM, "Vladimir Prus" <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 09/16/2014 08:55 PM, Marc Khouzam wrote:
>> You have to remember that you are extending DSF-GDB which was not
>>originally
>> aimed at being extended.  Originally it was just an example.  We've
>>come a long way :)
>
>For avoidance of doubt, I hope we no longer consider DSF-GDB as 'just an
>example'? ;-)

OMG, I certainly hope so. The statement that this was an example came from
Wind River who did the initial contribution who also didn¹t care about gdb
(and that¹s stating the situation mildly, but I¹ll leave it at that. #tcf).

>From the community¹s perspective gdb support in DFS is product. That
should be obvious by now and if not, let¹s clear that up and not leave it
to question.

That brings up a bigger point that we¹ve often stated our support for the
GNU toolchain as exemplary. But that¹s clearly not the fact. So many
vendors build commercial product based on the GNU toolchain that it is
probably the most commercialized GPL software in existence. And CDT is
there to properly support products based on it.

Doug.

Back to the top