[cdt-dev] Customizing debug hierarchy and LaunchVMAdapter

I'm trying to customize the object hierarchy displayed in debug view (for a target that does not really
have threads, and does not have quite standard frames), and it looks like I need to customize GDBViewModelAdapter
to create a customized version of LaunchVMAdapter. But, GDBViewModelAdapter is hardcoded inside
GdbAdapterFactory.SessionAdapterSet and GdbAdapterFactory itself is internal class, so there's a lot of hoops
to jump through.

And then, LaunchVMProvider does not make it easy to change the type of a particular node, and ContainerVMNode
or ThreadVMNode have fairly monolithic createLabelProvider.

Am I missing something, or the overall design is presently not very suited for custom debug hierarchy? Is
there any work to improve that, or thoughts how it's best done?

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics

Back to the top