[cdt-dev] Are catchpoints supported?

Hi,

I'm using the CDT debugger as a tool to step through the execution trace of a program (the execution trace is generated by a tool called CBMC [1]). I've interfaced this execution trace with CDT this by creating my own MI-frontend so CDT believes that it is talking to GDB :) At this point all is good. You can see it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq3qTqzizIk

Now what I'm trying to understand is whether there is a mechanism in CDT that would help me signal to the user that the end of the trace has been reached and thus disable the "next / step" related buttons. Note that I don't want to stop the execution of the program because eventually I would like to offer the ability for the user to "step back". Do you have any suggestion? Would the concept of catchpoints supported by MI [2] be of any help?

Thanks,

Pascal

[1] - http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/
[2] - https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Ada-Exception-GDB_002fMI-Catchpoint-Commands.html#Ada-Exception-GDB_002fMI-Catchpoint-Commands