[cdt-dev] Is there way to add to Symbols without adding to -D option of the project

Hi,

I am trying to add Symbols in C/C++ Paths and Symbols. However the same is
getting added to -D option. I just want to add the Symbols for the Editor
parser to understand these macros but not want it to be passed to the
compiler with -D option as our custom compiler sets these macros/Symbols
internally while compiling. is there a way i could achieve this? My code as
of now is as below:

                ICLanguageSettingEntry[] oldMacroSettings =
lang.getSettingEntries(ICSettingEntry.MACRO);
            	ArrayList<ICLanguageSettingEntry> newMacroSettings = new
ArrayList<ICLanguageSettingEntry>();
            	newMacroSettings.addAll(Arrays.asList(oldMacroSettings));

            	// Add all Macros
            	newMacroSettings.add(new CMacroEntry(_MACRO_, "1", 0));
                if (newMacroSettings.size() > 0)
            		lang.setSettingEntries(ICSettingEntry.MACRO,
newMacroSettings);
            		try {
				CoreModel.getDefault().setProjectDescription(project,
projectDescription);
			} catch (CoreException e) {
				e.printStackTrace();
	       }

              ManagedBuildManager.saveBuildInfo(project, true);