Re: [cdt-dev] Is there way to add to Symbols without adding to -D option of the project

Anitha wrote:

> I am trying to add Symbols in C/C++ Paths and Symbols. However the same is
> getting added to -D option.

That is the purpose of "Paths and Symbols".

> I just want to add the Symbols for the Editor
> parser to understand these macros but not want it to be passed to the
> compiler with -D option as our custom compiler sets these macros/Symbols
> internally while compiling. is there a way i could achieve this?

Yes, that is what "Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc." is for. To programmatically add entries there, you implement extension point org.eclipse.cdt.core.LanguageSettingsProvider.

 -Christian

Back to the top