Re: [cdt-dev] Distribution of custom patches.

Joseph Henry wrote:
> I was able to build using maven 3.0.5. But since I am unable to get the fragment method to work for me my question now is, is there a small subset of plugins I can fork and build to be distributed using our own update site? I really don't want to distribute the entire CDT repo.

We use Feature Patches (http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/concepts/feature.htm) to distribute certain modified CDT plugins as part of our product.

(I think we do end up having the entire CDT on our update site, but that's just because we couldn't find a way of stopping our update site build process from pulling in all dependencies - only our customized plugins come from our own build though, the rest is stock versions mirrored from download.eclipse.org.)

 -Christian

Back to the top