Re: [cdt-dev] Distribution of custom patches.

Ok,

So I am trying to get a feature patch setup and this is what I need to do:

All the information below is for CDT 8.1.2

There is a bug in the org.eclipse.managedbuilder.core plugin that I need to patch.
This plugin is part of the org.eclipse.cdt.platform-feature.

I have an eclipse project with the org.eclipse.cdt.platform-feature and all of the included plugins including org.eclipse.managedbuilder.core.

I created a feature patch project

Name                     = Patch
Feature ID            = org.eclipse.cdt.platform
Feature Version = 8.1.2.201302132326

Included plugins are:

Org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core (0.0.0)
This plugin was mirrored just like all the other ones from the 8.1.2 repo is git. I have put my code change into this version of the plugin.

Now, when I export this feature, and try and update an eclipse install I get this error:

"Patch" is not applicable to the current configuration and will not be installed.

I am not really sure what I am doing wrong.