Re: [cdt-dev] Bug ID 403404

The included class file should be very close to what is needed. It is not thoroughly tested however. I did not try to fully optimize the computing but the class should provide the functionality that is needed. It is not well commented also.  May be someone can review it and test it .If something is missing or the testing fail let me know.

Regards.
Guy(See attached file: UnsignedLong.java)

Inactive hide details for Doug Schaefer ---04/05/2013 09:37:09 AM---I think you need to look at the implementation of BigIntegeDoug Schaefer ---04/05/2013 09:37:09 AM---I think you need to look at the implementation of BigInteger before claiming it's not a performance

From: Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx>
To: CDT General developers list. <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, David Wang <kuoweiwang@xxxxxxxxx>, Sergey Prigogin <eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 04/05/2013 09:37 AM
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Bug ID 403404
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I think you need to look at the implementation of BigInteger before claiming it's not a performance problem. At the very least, it's really big.

It's easy to imagine a much more performant and small implementation if you know how many bits you're trying to handle. For example, with 128-bits, you can use double word algorithms are as old as I am and maximize performance.

Doug.