[cdt-dev] Interrupting GDB with SIGINT

Our team is providing a custom GDB-based command-line debugger and an IDE based on CDT that uses our GDB for debugging through DSF/GDB-MI.

One of the issues we failed is that our GDB implementation does not handle SIGINT that CDT sends to it when user clicks the "pause" button. Our GDB team says that this is not an expected behavior and that IDE should send the signal to inferior.

I am trying to understand if there are any potential problem that would be introduced by sending SIGINT to inferior instead of GDB.

Is there a reason to want to send signal to GDB? I believe this may be needed for multi-process debugging.

Back to the top