[cdt-dev] CDT build with Maven (was: RE: Minutes October Call)

Hi,

Following up on this:

>   * Marc to try the maven build locally to see if there's any hard-coding in the pom file.

With Maven 3.0.4 (version 2 won't work) I was able to very easily build CDT from the command-line.

> cd <myCDTGitRepo>
> mvn clean install

It will even run the Junit tests automatically.  Note that maven downloads stuff from the internet
so you may need to set a proxy (~/.m2/settings.xml)

I've tried this successfully on both master and cdt_8_1 although a small change is needed in the 8_1 branch.
I've pushed the change to Gerrit for Doug to review:
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/8240/1

For those that may want to build a subset of the CDT, you can create your own pom.xml with the content
you care about, mimicking the one in the root directory, and then build that one with 'mvn clean install'.

Marc