Re: [cdt-dev] supporting 8.0.x and 8.1.x with legacy scanner discovery

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Andrew Gvozdev <angvoz.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can try to add following attribute to your configuration or toolchain:
>
> languageSettingsProviders="org.eclipse.cdt.ui.UserLanguageSettingsProvider;org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.MBSLanguageSettingsProvider"
>
> Usually it is best to avoid reflection mechanism.

I agree, I'd prefer to use this approach. Two questions though:

1. Since this is just an attribute, the pre-8.1 plugin should just
ignore this. I verified that it does ignore it, but I want to confirm
if I'm understanding it correctly.

2. With 8.1 though, I see an exception generated:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Language Settings Providers must
have unique ID. Duplicate
ID=org.eclipse.cdt.ui.UserLanguageSettingsProvider
	at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.settings.model.CConfigurationSpecSettings.setLanguageSettingProviders(CConfigurationSpecSettings.java:1030)
	at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.settings.model.CConfigurationDescription.setLanguageSettingProviders(CConfigurationDescription.java:835)
	at org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.internal.dataprovider.ConfigurationDataProvider.setDefaultLanguageSettingsProviders(ConfigurationDataProvider.java:606)
	at org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.STDWizardHandler.setProjectDescription(STDWizardHandler.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.STDWizardHandler.convertProject(STDWizardHandler.java:120)

Could you explain what adding that line actually does? Removing
"org.eclipse.cdt.ui.UserLanguageSettingsProvider" makes it not throw
the exception, but then the indexer isn't resolving headers anymore.

Back to the top