Re: [cdt-dev] supporting 8.0.x and 8.1.x with legacy scanner discovery

You can try to add following attribute to your configuration or toolchain:

languageSettingsProviders="org.eclipse.cdt.ui.UserLanguageSettingsProvider;org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.MBSLanguageSettingsProvider"

Usually it is best to avoid reflection mechanism.

Andrew

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Siva Velusamy <siva.velusamy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Sergey Prigogin
<eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Siva Velusamy <siva.velusamy@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'd like your opinion on what would be the best way to deal with the
>> following issue.
>>
>> The Android NDK plugin uses the pre 8.1.x style scanner discovery
>> mechanism. This works fine on 8.0.x or previous versions of CDT. With
>> 8.1.0, this works if users explicitly disable the option 'Window ->
>> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Property Pages -> Display "preprocessor
>> include paths" tab and enable language settings providers'.
>>
>> Ideally, I'd like to have:
>>  1. The plugin continue to work on 8.0.x and on 8.1.x
>>  2. Have the indexer work properly without having the user set some
>> option.
>>
>> I see that calling
>>
>> ScannerDiscoveryLegacySupport.setLanguageSettingsProvidersFunctionalityEnabled(mProject,
>> false); will achieve what I want, except of course that class is not
>> available on older versions of CDT. All it does is set a flag, so I
>> can pull that code into the NDK plugin, but only as a last resort.
>

> You can check for existence of the class by trying to load it.

That works, thanks.