Re: [cdt-dev] Adding new build option type: tree

On 13/02/12 22:12, Belyavsky, Baltasar wrote:
There is support for contributing you own custom field-editor UI, which you can use to implement your tree field-editor.

Take a look at the<option>/fieldEditor attribute - it accepts an ID of an editor which must be declared through the "org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.buildDefinitionsUI" extension-point.

Baltasar,

yes, we know about custom field editor. But there are two things:

1. At least in embedded use cases, tree option seems rather generally useful for things like selecting board, or processor. This patch therefore can help others.

2. We can add custom UI, but this patch also adjust CDT data model so that option value
can be conveniently represented as well. Without it, one would have to use string option
time and store the tree itself somewhere else -- which would be rather awkward design.

Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics
+7 (812) 677-68-40

Back to the top