[cdt-dev] Pretty Printing STL Container in debugger

Hi,

I just tried to "see" contents of stl containers in the cdt debugger
(using gdb). I used the instructions from
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#How_can_I_inspect_the_contents_of_STL_containers.3F

To some the lower part of the Variables view I can now see container
content (e.g. "std::vector of length 3, capacity 4 = {2, 12, 0}").
However, in the upper part, I cannot expand the vector to see its three
child elements as shown in the second picture in
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#How_can_I_inspect_the_contents_of_STL_containers.3F

I'm using CDT 8.0 and gdb 7.3-2011.08.

Is this a cdt bug or is there something wrong with my setup or the
description at above link?

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

Lukas

Back to the top