Re: [cdt-dev] CDT DSF-GDB

> -----Original Message-----
> From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of subhashchandranv
> Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 3:38 AM
> To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [cdt-dev] CDT DSF-GDB
>
> Hello,

Hi,

sorry for the dealy, I was on a business trip.

> I've been working on understanding DSF since past one month
> by going through the example plugins which include the
> Timer's Example and PDA:
> http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.cd
> t.doc.isv/guide/dsf/intro/dsf_programming_intro.html
>
> I believe DSF-GDB is where DSF has been implemented and I saw
> the working of it in a flash video : http://live.eclipse.org/node/568.
>
> I tried to simulate the same into my Eclipse Indigo and it
> was not happening.
>
> I got to know that,  "org.eclipse.dd.mi" ,
> "org.eclipse.dd.gdb", "org.eclipse.dd.gdb.ui" are now renamed
> as "org.eclipse.cdt.dsf" and "org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.ui" respectively.
> but, I couldn find renamed plugins of follwing two plugins,
>

> *	org.eclipse.dd.gdb.launch
> *	org.eclipse.dd.gdb.launch.ui
>
> Please let me know the necessary plugins of DSF-GDB to check
> out from CVS, so that I can build them in my Eclipse Indigo
> to learn better about DSF.

We no longer use CVS, instead we use Git.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDT_development

The plugins from the DD project have been combined into four
main plugins (not including tests or examples):

DSF:
org.eclipse.cdt.dsf
org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.ui
DSF-GDB
org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb
org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.ui

> I'm also curious to know if there's any other project in
> eclipse where DSF is implemented. If yes, please help me by
> providing the plugin links.

EDC also uses DSF.  It is part fo its own Git repository:
org.eclipse.cdt.edc.git

Marc

Back to the top