Re: [cdt-dev] Building with Maven

On 28 September 2011 09:31, Vladimir Prus <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 19:41:24 Schaefer, Doug wrote:
>> > In fact, I have Maven 2.2, which is most recent in Ubuntu. I'll try the
>> > hard way, and install 3.x. Thanks!
>>
>> I just untar the tarball from Apache and call bin/mvn from there. Wasn't
>> hard at all.
>
> Thanks, this has worked. Now, for a different issue -- it appears the build
> process downloads a pile of things, mostly related to tycho, but maybe something
> else. How do I go about pre-fetching all of that, and making the build process
> use the pre-fetched copies, so that our production build can use snapshot
> of everything as of today (for example) and now try to fetch anything new
> every time?
>
> It seems like I might be able to first do a regular build, then copy ~/.m2 and
> then use use the -gs option to point maven to a point maven to a settings
> file that will specify that repository copy, as well as force offline mode,
> but I would appreciate if somebody comment on such a plan (or maybe existing
> solutions), before I start trying this for real.

If you figure out how to do this reliably or find pointers to docs on
how to do this, please do tell the list.
We're also worried about this, whereas the PDE build of CDT was built
with a tagged version of base-builder, and a tar.gz of the platform,
the mvn build's auto-download of dependencies makes us worry that next
year we won't be able to repeat the same build...

Cheers,
James