Re: [cdt-dev] Building with Maven

On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 19:41:24 Schaefer, Doug wrote:
> > In fact, I have Maven 2.2, which is most recent in Ubuntu. I'll try the
> > hard way, and install 3.x. Thanks!
>
> I just untar the tarball from Apache and call bin/mvn from there. Wasn't
> hard at all.

Thanks, this has worked. Now, for a different issue -- it appears the build
process downloads a pile of things, mostly related to tycho, but maybe something
else. How do I go about pre-fetching all of that, and making the build process
use the pre-fetched copies, so that our production build can use snapshot
of everything as of today (for example) and now try to fetch anything new
every time?

It seems like I might be able to first do a regular build, then copy ~/.m2 and
then use use the -gs option to point maven to a point maven to a settings
file that will specify that repository copy, as well as force offline mode,
but I would appreciate if somebody comment on such a plan (or maybe existing
solutions), before I start trying this for real.

Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics
+7 (812) 677-68-40

Back to the top