Re: [cdt-dev] What's New in CDT 8.0

Hi Patrick,
If you want to help, contribution like that will be appreciated too. Having bugzilla account you can add stuff to the wiki or make it prettier.

Andrew

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:51 AM, Patrick Hofer <paedu.hofer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 31 May 2011 15:47, Andrew Gvozdev <angvoz.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> I opened bug 347781 to add "What's New in CDT 8.0". Please, take a look at http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn80 to add any important CDT 8.0 news if missing. I intend to wrap it up to CDT release this Thursday.

Hello,

thanks for polishing the N&N.

There are some new or improved items still missing. This is an
(incomplete) list:

- New codan checkers (eg. AbstractClassInstantiationChecker,
SuspiciousSemicolonChecker)
- More C++0x features supported by the parser
- Colored Labels in the Editor views (Outline, call hierarchy, ...)
- Editor shows read and write accesses with the occurrence markers in
different colors
- Toggle in Quick Hierarchy View
- Filter for forward defines in the outline view.

Since I am not a commiter I let you decide what you want to include.

I suggest having a look on how mylyn or linux tools are doing the
N&Ns. Those are visually much better IMHO.

http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/new/
http://www.eclipse.org/linuxtools/new/

Regards,
Patrick