Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Refactoring
From: Austin Morgan <admorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: CDT General developers list. <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mittwoch, 20. April 2011 13:48:25

Your variable isn't necessarily only visible from that source file.  If
your definition was

namespace {
     static x *foo;
}

you would be right, but you can access that namespace from any file and
using extern x *foo utilize that variable.  I wouldn't advise it, but the
refactoring tool has to deal with worse case scenarios.

Austin