Re: [cdt-dev] Refactoring

Your variable isn't necessarily only visible from that source file.  If
your definition was

namespace {
    static x *foo;
}

you would be right, but you can access that namespace from any file and
using extern x *foo utilize that variable.  I wouldn't advise it, but the
refactoring tool has to deal with worse case scenarios.

Austin