Re: [cdt-dev] Codan performance

On 03/31/2011 10:13 PM, Alena Laskavaia wrote:
It is all implemented already.
Disable the errors you don't want. Note is you see lots of false
positives your indexer is not set up correctly and it will report
garbage mostly anyway.
You can turn on/off folders/files in preferences for problems (in cdt
8.0). Select bunch of errors you want to apply it too and click
Customize...

I'm still trying to get the scoping rules right, the problem is that each time I try to change something, Codan blocks Eclipse for at least 30 minutes. Maybe I should disabled all checkers except one and get the filters right, and then add some more checkers.

Maybe it would make sense for Codan to try to limit itself when it realizes that it is taking lots of time/resources (reporting 50000 errors doesn't make sense anyway). Completely blocking Eclipse for 30 minutes is unacceptable, even if it is possible to limit the scope and the number of checkers. Users won't know that they need to do that until they are sitting there with a Eclipse which is blocked by a long-running analysis, and by then it is too late.

--
Jesper Eskilson, Developer
IAR Systems AB

Back to the top