Re: [cdt-dev] Missing some files in CDT git mirror

On 15 November 2010 15:02, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Could the dsf-gdb folder not be mirrored properly?

The short answer is that you should file a bug against the
infrastructure to re-create the git mirror.

The webmasters use git cvsimport to track the CVS repositories.
Unfortunately this uses cvsps which by default caches the cvs server
response.  As CVS isn't atomic this can easily produce an inconsistent
repository.  What's worse is there there isn't any verification that
the head of the branches matches the head of the branches as seen in
CVS...

Re-creating the repo will of course this'll mean that anyone pulling
from the mirror will need to re-base.

cvs2git is a better bet for reliable conversions.  Unfortunately,
without tweaking, it doesn't support incremental conversions, and
takes longer than git cvsimport.  I contributed a change a checker to
the cvs2git package for verifying that the source in a conversion is
_identical_ to the original in CVS repo.  It checks each tag and the
tip of every branch, which could be useful when we move to git for
real.

Cheers,
James

Back to the top