Re: [cdt-dev] Disassembly View

I'm not sure "de-facto debugger framework" was the decision that was
made. I thought it was "default". Much different thing.

I'll add this topic to my list of agenda items. Forcing debugger
integrators to include the DSF plug-ins is like forcing build
integrators to include the managedbuild plug-ins, oh wait... :P

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 2:59 PM, John Cortell <rat042@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Also, not to mention the likely API-breakage such refactoring would involve.
>
> John
>
> At 01:57 PM 9/14/2010, John Cortell wrote:
>>
>> The idea was to minimize churn. Since DSF was going to be the de-facto
>> debugger framework in Helios and is part of the base CDT package, the cost
>> and risk of regression in trying to yank it out into some independent
>> package was deemed not worth it. If someone had a compelling need for it to
>> be, then it could be done post-Helios.
>>
>> John
>>
>> At 01:49 PM 9/14/2010, Doug Schaefer wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey gang,
>>>
>>> I'm pretty late to the debugger party, but here I am for better or
>>> worse :). I was looking at the CDT debugger view which happens to
>>> reside in dsf.ui, but through an number of helpful design decisions is
>>> also reused by the CDI debugger. I am now looking at TCF debug and
>>> trying to figure out how to hook up a disassembly service, once we get
>>> one, up to it. Looks like I can do it, but it does mean that you need
>>> the DSF plug-ins even if you aren't using DSF.
>>>
>>> I'm sure that must have been a tough decision. Can someone provide me
>>> a brief summary. Is this something we want to open up again?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Doug.