[cdt-dev] [DSF-GDB] U.I. locks up when running JUnit test

One of our JUnit tests launches a simple program on a remote target. It
goes through our launch configuration "launch()" method which
instantiates the
"org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.ServicesLaunchSequence" class. The
first step in "ServicesLaunchSequence" class is to initialize the
GDBBackend which in terms launches the GDB process. When launching the
GDB process (GDBBackend.launchGDBProcess()) it has to call the
LaunchUtils.getLaunchEnvironment(). In the
LaunchUtils.getLaunchEnvironment() method it adds all the ICdtVariables
to the environment map. This locks up the U.I.

I don't know why but it seems to me some Eclipse dynamic variables are
U.I. related. Could that be the problem?

This U.I. locking issue only happens when running the JUnit test - maybe
because the test itself is running in the U.I. thread?

For now in order to proceed I temporary commented out the line 379 - 388
in the GDBBackend class.

Thanks,
Andy

Back to the top