[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cdt-dev] Update CDT feature/plugin versions for Helios SR1 and Indigo releases
- From: Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:54:49 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=2FC8bmpPVCTX4hcrQaeWd4L1NKovq9FZEMm6fPXCRw0=; b=RZZQOQCOGB/+DogRrwRNOntfTek+sT//kDqm2LGgZ4A1MczAXKwTvfIl6GvIyqzVvm rPHLA0MDCScAugyKUrCVBvEu74Arv35TM1ImaCQp5ctUO83VBGcVtmwLgi6JSJaajphU EobQVMlrh/sssckNnjnFFp3qOixWRszgrQ2Gg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Y+RVLmEu9Nc+u34a3wbEoKZLlIp+OIxTH4WxcbLMcdTXQPpivhkDddSB9rWsezeTMd qrwLirw6mqXaSDUpe8l44/RFSCwOS4WRfvOiXIiLKl96YRFHft/UoCvYE5Ex8NZG/7iX Bx2MIkZQAKcTF2EOYhM2+0GYo/5BR2lui9NRc=
I am totally not confident I know the answer. There must be some
standard for Eclipse plug-ins that we need to be following,
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Alena Laskavaia
> When you find out please update a wiki page, somewhere around
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/policy#How_to_add_a_new_feature, maybe
> create a new section "How to update feature"
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm new to feature handling for our development. I'd like to know what I
>> should do to features, when I update the version of a plugin.
>> Looking a the mail below,
>> 1- I should make sure the feature that imports that plugin has a new version
>> since CDT 7.0
>> (either minor or major, depending on the plugin changes part of that
>> Could there be more than one feature impacted?
>> 2- When changing a feature version, I need to update the cdt.releng plugin
>> buildsite.xml to remove
>> the old feature version and put the new one
>> But also, I think,
>> 3- I must check feature.xml and somehow deal with the "Dependencies" tab.
>> This is unclear to me.
>> Some of the dependencies use "Compatible", some "Greater or Equal", and some
>> fo the versions
>> of the plugins are older than the actual plugin. Should I keep those
>> versions the same as the plugins?
>> Which type of dependency should we use? "Compatible" or "Greater or Equal",
>> or is there a smart
>> way to choose one of the two?
>> Thanks for any guidance.
>> From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
>> Behalf Of Vivian Kong
>> Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 10:53 AM
>> To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: [cdt-dev] Update CDT feature/plugin versions for Helios SR1 and
>> Indigo releases
>> Hi everyone,
>> We need to update the feature/plugin version numbers for the Helios SR1
>> (cdt_7_0) and Indigo (HEAD) releases.
>> I've made an attempt to update the feature versions based on any plugin
>> version number changes after Helios. I need everyone's help to keep the
>> feature numbers up-to-date so please be sure to update the associated
>> feature version as you update the version number of your plugins. This is
>> done in the feature's feature.xml as well as buildsite.xml in
>> org.eclipse.cdt.releng so our update site is up-to-date as well. You can
>> find the org.eclipse.cdt.releng plugin under org.eclipse.cdt/all in CVS.
>> For changes I've made so far, please see:
>> Vivian Kong
>> IBM Eclipse CDT
>> IBM Canada Toronto Lab
>> cdt-dev mailing list
> cdt-dev mailing list