[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cdt-dev] Update CDT feature/plugin versions for Helios SR1 and Indigo releases
- From: Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:40:52 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:sender:reply-to:received :in-reply-to:references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=ywe0h1CsjHbuZOExmMQZAj1bI4BR/hzA67O26XsK0iM=; b=Gg79IBrEu8quWZ48HawWuuXmGwndLPyOCulPgGAb/TExBqh2b4AICppuxkLtstyhPg ipHV/qNm3Lm/dx1OEeqj/BkWdTYj+edAOR4hQwYWU2DMcU45RJtLotFfB7CJJBExVWyV 21Nd4Yg8yuGHx2uoJEqdpEv+fRN1xetk9Bd44=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=p04QaH+0tbsCDV/5pZ70CdcUbDZqeGclHmcXcWBbze3V+K2N7NaCODJPUzrIufcGVU tviY9LT2C/mY/csJHppeCDl/JgdxzOaLnDhtCbq1u3/kJ4QQjuieCxY0AH7HHLADH7gN Vt7XY6EoiUwkWEjx19BUh9tZ4UG1x+qH5KpSA=
When you find out please update a wiki page, somewhere around
create a new section "How to update feature"
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm new to feature handling for our development. I'd like to know what I
> should do to features, when I update the version of a plugin.
> Looking a the mail below,
> 1- I should make sure the feature that imports that plugin has a new version
> since CDT 7.0
> (either minor or major, depending on the plugin changes part of that
> Could there be more than one feature impacted?
> 2- When changing a feature version, I need to update the cdt.releng plugin
> buildsite.xml to remove
> the old feature version and put the new one
> But also, I think,
> 3- I must check feature.xml and somehow deal with the "Dependencies" tab.
> This is unclear to me.
> Some of the dependencies use "Compatible", some "Greater or Equal", and some
> fo the versions
> of the plugins are older than the actual plugin. Should I keep those
> versions the same as the plugins?
> Which type of dependency should we use? "Compatible" or "Greater or Equal",
> or is there a smart
> way to choose one of the two?
> Thanks for any guidance.
> From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
> Behalf Of Vivian Kong
> Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 10:53 AM
> To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [cdt-dev] Update CDT feature/plugin versions for Helios SR1 and
> Indigo releases
> Hi everyone,
> We need to update the feature/plugin version numbers for the Helios SR1
> (cdt_7_0) and Indigo (HEAD) releases.
> I've made an attempt to update the feature versions based on any plugin
> version number changes after Helios. I need everyone's help to keep the
> feature numbers up-to-date so please be sure to update the associated
> feature version as you update the version number of your plugins. This is
> done in the feature's feature.xml as well as buildsite.xml in
> org.eclipse.cdt.releng so our update site is up-to-date as well. You can
> find the org.eclipse.cdt.releng plugin under org.eclipse.cdt/all in CVS.
> For changes I've made so far, please see:
> Vivian Kong
> IBM Eclipse CDT
> IBM Canada Toronto Lab
> cdt-dev mailing list