[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cdt-dev] Build console location
- From: Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:12:44 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:sender:reply-to:received :in-reply-to:references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=HH3tPv/FY5ZsQhXTuXgW7nUfwSC67dLmHE4LigaHz+E=; b=qaF68LUJ2VLiTHP3IqK/bJPBg9EkQzMHe1PJ5NY7h3lGMEa4XqSMZsPd/2oOrWhbhi kyfZ31aj8OQawec20tYj2LBuC/HqrT918R4eCq1QtqC8vGIJXM/qm8zwx/EHYZPyCfRD DJSS/9Qec9krBHQ8Xg433EF1M805Uwcl3p5Mg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=SzVZ+sLEtOn5wx8f3Ut4GZuDb8rZXY/phJuxa2lqJBdlUxqTVHYpO9KC6Edt4ejU8F izsN9rd64ONjiAk26LJSYPJkXs9XiPYBPSBUDbpye+RHZeTfg/BfVT9k33hgTcprZRAH eL6HgSLVLjAMaXunzEtRyJ3ezlKhuzVUFRU3A=
How about we move console to its own plugin? Would it help?
It would be breakage but we can have 8.0 not 7.1.
On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The idea is that the build console is independent of whatever build
> system you are using. I disagree that it should be moved.
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Andrew Gvozdev <angvoz.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> There is an enhancement request bug 297222 Allow temporary build arguments
>> from build console and there is an interest in that from the community and
>> a submitted patch. However, this change is not possible with the current
>> location of build console in cdt.ui.
>> I created bug 320521 Move build console from cdt.ui to one of the build
>> plugins to resolve this issue:
>> The location of the build console in cdt.ui prevents better integration of
>> the console with other build components. This task is a blocker for bug
>> 297222, and I've run into it before on a few occasions too.
>> Currently the console classes are located in internal packages of cdt.ui.
>> The suggested location is org.eclipse.cdt.make.ui so it would be accessible
>> in other build plugins.
>> Please, voice any concerns related to the issue.
>> cdt-dev mailing list
> cdt-dev mailing list