Re: [cdt-dev] Build console location

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 7:28 PM,  <Warren.Paul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Even if none of the above were an issue, I’d be concerned about the new
> proposed functionality.  It’s not very generic and won’t work with any
> builder, so I don’t think it should be added to the generic build console.
> At least not without more checks in place.  For example, if the project in
> context has this build nature then show the new UI, otherwise hide it.

This has always been and still is may main issue with this feature.
I'm getting really tired of things in the Eclipse UI that aren't
applicable to the workflows I'm using. I do not want to see this UI if
I'm not using a builder that can use it. Either make it optional with
the default being off, or make it look at the current builders to see
if it makes sense.

> Just my $.02.

I'm going to put more that $.02 on this. We need to keep the CDT UI
clean and I will stand up to ensure we fix usability issues and not
introduce them.

Back to the top