[cdt-dev] RE: Should we do a major version increment for DSF-GDB

Going twice...

As John mentioned, keeping API compatibility costs both effort
and code clarity.  If it will not be beneficial for people, I do not
want to 'torture' myself or patch contributors by keeping API
compatibility.

No one has objected yet...
I'll wait a little more, but if we do a major increment,
there is no turning back, so speak now if it will cause
you problems.

Be aware that this is not a 'carte blanche'.
We will still try to keep the APIs stable, but when
required, we would change them.

Again, this is for DSF-GDB only, not DSF.

Marc