Re: [cdt-dev] [DSF] FinalLaunchSequence extensibility

On Thursday 08 July 2010 23:35:04 Mikhail Khodjaiants wrote:

> On 08/07/2010 2:54 PM, Marc Khouzam wrote:

For the record, I don't care much whether the standard steps are defined as protected
methods inside FinalLaunchSequence or as standalone classes, or as factory
functions. If the name of step does not include the index of the step, then
all those solutions have pretty much the same properties:

- A predefined step may not be removed without breaking API
- An order change in FinalLaunchSequence will not be automatically
picked by derived classes.

I, personally, can live with both those restrictions -- as soon as my launch sequence
can cleanly reuse standard steps.

I think that using string identifiers as indices into some hash, as opposed as Java-level
compile-time identifiers is much more brittle, though.

Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery
vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(650) 331-3385 x722