Re: [cdt-dev] Static Include Analysis (ReDHead)

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Lukas Felber <lfelber@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

In the scope of my master thesis at the University for Applied Science
(HSR) in Rapperswil (Switzerland), I am developing an Eclipse plugin
which aims to add (some) static include dependency analysis to CDT. The
plugin is called ReDHead ("Re"factor "D"ependencies of C++ "Head"er
Files).

Hello, Lukas! I like the idea very much and I appreciate your work - I hope to see the project successful soon.

I had planned to develop a fraction of what you're working on as a part of my Google Summer of Code project. You may want to check my wiki page on my planned solution for some discussions:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/C_editor_enhancements/Include_management

Good that you shared your project info here, good to know that someone's been already working on that.

Let me ask you a question:
My primary focus in this idea is to relieve the programmer of the need of manually adding includes (and forward declarations) while coding. Is this also in the scope of your project?

If you are interested in improving CDT editing features, I'd also appreciate your feedback on the wiki:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/C_editor_enhancements

Best regards,
-- Tomasz WesoĊ‚owski

Back to the top