Re: [cdt-dev] building projects prior to a launch

I would agree with James. We shouldn't add dependencies on managedbuild plugin. If you really must depend on build I would be in favor of extracting general build functionality into a separate cdt.build.core plugins. I think there are a few things that could find place in there, one would be build console and another maybe a toolchain notion.

Andrew

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 10:50 AM, James Blackburn <jamesblackburn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 21 May 2010 15:45, John Cortell <rat042@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Giving the debug plugins a dependency on managedbuilder isn't ideal, but I
> don't see it being problematic either. Maybe I'm overlooking something?...

It doesn't negatively impact me, but it breaks modularity.
You suddenly can't ship CDT + Debug without sipping managedbuild as
well. All the cdt.core bits: configuration, code navigation, debug,
etc. currently working fine without the build system... Given that
we've come this far without an explicit dependency, I'd be against
adding one.

Cheers,
James