Re: [cdt-dev] FYI, merged in a bunch of changes

Guys,

FileSystemUtilityManager and friends were introduced in the cdt_5_0 branch. You didn't complain then. Bugzillas exist with the previous incarnation of the API, which some of you commented upon (hence my change in this version to make the interfaces noimplement/noextend at Markus' suggestion). It doesn't make sense to complain about it now. We have been using and relying upon this API for a year now.

The API I added to ITranslation unit *is* after the freeze I admit, but since we have been so busy getting our product out the door until the last couple of weeks, we unfortunately didn't have a chance to try moving up to the Helios codebase until now, and lo and behold a whole bunch of stuff that worked fine with CDT 6 was now broken. If there's a better way to do that change that I did to ITranslationUnit then I'm entirely prepared to listen.

The API filter is probably old... from CDT 5.0.x. It may not be required any more.

I have a Dr's appointment this morning so I'll be away for the next few hours, but I'll try to get James some stack dumps this afternoon.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Andrew Gvozdev ---05/12/2010 09:35:17 AM---What error do you see? Chris added API filter but I don't Andrew Gvozdev ---05/12/2010 09:35:17 AM---What error do you see? Chris added API filter but I don't see any error even after removing the filt

Andrew Gvozdev <angvoz.dev@xxxxxxxxx>

05/12/2010 09:35 AM

Re: [cdt-dev] FYI, merged in a bunch of changes

Sent by:

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

What error do you see? Chris added API filter but I don't see any error even after removing the filter and recompiling.

I looked at ErrorParserManager and the new FileSystemUtility classes and the first impression that it makes sense although I'd rather advocate the new API in next release at that point (unless there is a good reason). But it shouldn't have been added this way after M7 with no bugzilla, no discussion and no advance notification on cdt-dev.

Andrew

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: _______________________________________________
cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx