[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
RE: [cdt-dev] FYI, merged in a bunch of changes

IFilesystemUtility is giving an API tooling error.
I didn't fix it because it was not clear what you guys will do about this class.


From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Schorn, Markus
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 5:05 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] FYI, merged in a bunch of changes

I agree. We should undo the change and open a bug to discuss the required change.
Markus.


From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sergey Prigogin
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:51 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] FYI, merged in a bunch of changes
Importance: Low

The descriptions of IFilesystemUtility methods seem too vague to really specify the behavior. Some terms, e.g. target machine, mapped filesystem, are used without being clearly defined. I'm against making this API change so late in the release cycle.

-sergey

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Chris Recoskie <recoskie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- Merged changes from cdt_5_0 to HEAD. Too many to mention individually.
- Reworked IFileSystem utility so that now it is noimplement/noextend. Clients should now extend from concrete class FileSystemUtility instead to better insulate them from future API changes.
- Reworked the resulting concurrency fixes - indexing and scanner discovery now synchronize on the project root as a scheduling rule. Original HEAD behaviour was to synch on the project's .settings folder for indexing, but that deadlocked with scanner discovery. James, you will probably want to take a look at what I did there and make sure you are comfortable with it, as I know you have been trying to relax the scheduling rules as much as possible. If you think it needs some rework let me know.
- Fixed remote indexing. Changes on HEAD that deprecated CodeReader broke the ability for remote translation units to provide the path to load the file content from. Added API to ITranslationUnit for this purpose.

The tests all pass, but let me know if you run into any problems, particularly if you encounter any concurrency issues.

FYI error parsing seems broken for remote projects. I intend to start looking into that tomorrow.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto


_______________________________________________
cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev