RE: [cdt-dev] Packaging up a modified CDT with an Eclipse

I do it both ways.  If you want to export the entire CDT, you can
install plain eclipse and drop all the new CDT jars in dropins.
If you prefer to only build the CDT plugins that you've changed, you
just increment their version and drop them into dropins, while having
already installed CDT.