Re: [cdt-dev] Support for Altivec Vector types in the CDT parser?

The XL C/C++ parser supports the vector keyword and other associated things related to altivec support. You might want to try that.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for George Russell ---01/08/2010 06:46:56 AM---Hi all, Is anyone aware of support for altivec vector typeGeorge Russell ---01/08/2010 06:46:56 AM---Hi all, Is anyone aware of support for altivec vector types in the C++ and GNU

George Russell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/08/2010 06:46 AM

[cdt-dev] Support for Altivec Vector types in the CDT parser?

Sent by:

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of support for altivec vector types in the C++ and GNU
C++ CDT parsers? e.g.  vector float a;

I have filed an enhancement request as (bug 299109) as I couldn't see
any sign of support for this in the code or in use, and it makes the
editing environment rather busy with syntax error notices. At the
moment, these can be somewhat hackily suppressed by #defining away
vector, but that is not really a general solution.

Is there a good solution to this? I thought of naively adding a new
keyword (well, several as required) but that would still probably break
use of std::vector or C99 _Bool etc.

Cheers,
George