Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Build Console enhancements

Hi, Dimtry,

I'm not a CDT committer, but I do have an interest in this.  Your enhancements strike me as very handy, especially the navigation between problems.  That sounds excellent.

For the make arguments, are they a one-shot deal (affecting only the next click of the in-console build button)?  I assume that it is not intended to update the project configuration's make settings in the .cproject file ... that would be confusing.

In my CDT extension I have a component that uses the C build console for projects that are concerned with C/C++ development but which do not build C/C++ source (neither using make nor otherwise).  For such projects, it wouldn't make sense to show make arguments.  Would I be able to suppress the make arguments input field for my projects?  Could I program the Build button just run my project's installed builders, or will it be hard-wired to "make"?

Also, about the save-to-file button:  the console has a fixed buffer size (default 500 lines), so that for large/verbose builds, some output might be lost.  That wouldn't be an issue if the save-to-file button actually selects a file *before* the build to which the build output would be "tee"d.  That would be very cool. :-)

Thanks for the initiative!

Christian