Re: [cdt-dev] DSF question: IBreakpoints.getBreakpointDMData()

Ling.5.Wang@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi, DSF gurus,

The IBreakpoints.getBreakpointDMData() is not called by any clients such as xxxVMNodes.  I'm wondering if it's not really useful or just not hooked up yet.

This interface is not used much mostly because we don't have a view that displays breakpoint status information besides the traditional UI that uses the platform IBreakpoint interface.  This could change soon though with a contribution from Freescale and TI in bug 238956.   This bug would make the breakpoints view be a flexible hierarchy view, just like other debugger views, and this way we could show detailed breakpoint status about breakpoints using DSF view-model.
Also why IBreakpointDMData is not extending IDMData ?

This is an oversight.  IDMData is an interface that used to have special meaning in DSF 1.x.  In DSF 2.0 we refactored its use and it's really just a marker interface indicating that the deriving object should be immutable.  I'll fix this in head for consistency with other I*DMData interfaces.

Cheers,
Pawel
Thanks.

cdt-dev mailing list