RE: [cdt-dev] Breaking the Makefile APIs

On
> Behalf Of Elena Laskavaia
> Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:44 PM
> To: CDT General developers list.
> Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Breaking the Makefile APIs

Bonjour,

> What exact API you are talking about? We are past API freeze for this
> release.

I am referring to the API of the Makefile parser (core.makefile and
core.makefile.gnu), those changes will have side effects on the Makefile
editor, for example.

I certainly do not mind to wait, if you are close to a release, it will
give me some time to cleanup the code even more, but breakage will be
inevitable.

> Alain Magloire wrote:
> > Bonjour,
> >
> > I am doing some work on the Makefile parser, I do not think, at this
> > point, folks care too much about this, so I intend to break the API
(and
> > probably will do it again 8-).
> >
> > This is part of a side project that I am doing for a more complete
> > Makefile builder, i.e. contrarily to the managed builder where the
> > Makefile is auto-generated (i.e. should not be modify by the user)
> >
> >   Managed-builder(Save all the settings) ---(Generating)--->
Makefile