Re: [cdt-dev] Creating tool options programatically

Hi Christian,

> However, there are real advantages to using EMF in a situation like this:

That all looks very neat, and interesting! The real problem is that I
don't believe we  have anyone with real knowledge of EMF who could
help drive Managed Build in that direction.  There's the perennial
problem of resourcing: people can justify spending time on tweaking
code to fix bugs that affect them today, but it's hard to justify a
paradigm shift.

That said the feature-set you've described is cool. Visiting the EMF
website it's difficult to know where someone would get started even
investigating this stuff!

I guess without someone knowledgeable, or someone with a vested
interest in reusing the modelling framework, it won't happen.
Perhaps you could come up with some ideas of where to start, which
features of EMF to use etc., if we were to invest time in this?

Cheers,

James

Back to the top