Re: [cdt-dev] unable to compile file in project

>> Here is my buildDefinitions in plugin.xml: http://pastebin.com/m518deedf
>> along with tool chain. Now this is probably not a very good defintion of
>> buildDefinitions because I followed example from the article and modified
>> to suite my needs so please critique away.

> You don't seem to have a linker defined which takes the object files from
> OBJS as input.

Besides, for the configuration you have to specify the artifactExtension,
e.g. 'elf'. Attached an updated definition with a linker tool added
and some other minor updates that seems to generate a not so bad makefile.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?eclipse version="3.2"?>
<plugin>
   <extension
         id="com.buglabs.dragonfly.cdt.poky.ui.toolchain"
         name="Poky Tool Chain"
         point="org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildDefinitions">
      <projectType
            buildArtefactType="org.eclipse.cdt.build.core.buildArtefactType.exe"
            id="com.buglabs.dragonfly.cdt.poky.ui.toolchain.executable"
            isTest="false"
            name="Poky">
         <configuration
               artifactExtension="elf"
               cleanCommand="rm -rf"
               id="poky.toolchain.configuration.release"
               name=".deploy">
            <toolChain
                  id="poky.toolchain.toolchain"
                  name="Poky Linux GCC"
                  osList="linux">
               <builder
                     command="make"
                     id="poky.toolchain.toolchain.builder"
                     name="Poky Builder">
               </builder>
               <targetPlatform
                     binaryParser="org.eclipse.cdt.core.ELF"
                     id="poky.toolchain.toolchain.targetplatform"
                     name="Target Platform"
                     osList="linux">
               </targetPlatform>
               <tool
                     command="arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc"
                     id="poky.toolchain.toolchain.compiler"
                     name="Compiler"
                     natureFilter="cnature"
                     outputFlag="-o">

                      <supportedProperties>
	            		<property id="org.eclipse.cdt.build.core.buildArtefactType">
	            	        	<value id="org.eclipse.cdt.build.core.buildArtefactType.exe"/>
    	        			<value id="org.eclipse.cdt.build.core.buildArtefactType.sharedLib"/>
            			</property>
            	      </supportedProperties>
                  <inputType
                        buildVariable="SRCS"
                        dependencyCalculator="org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.makegen.internal.DefaultIndexerDependencyCalculator"
                        dependencyContentType="org.eclipse.cdt.core.cHeader"
                        id="poky.toolchain.toolchain.compiler.input"
                        name="Compiler Input"
                        primaryInput="true"
                        sourceContentType="org.eclipse.cdt.core.cSource">
                  </inputType>
                  <outputType
                        buildVariable="OBJS"
                        id="poky.toolchain.toolchain.compiler.output"
                        name="Compiler Output"
                        outputs="o"
                        primaryOutput="true">
                  </outputType>
                  <optionCategory
                        id="poky.toolchain.toolchain.compiler.optionCategory.general"
                        name="General"
                        owner="poky.toolchain.toolchain.compiler">
                  </optionCategory>
                  <option
                        browseType="directory"
                        category="poky.toolchain.toolchain.compiler.optionCategory.general"
                        command="-I"
                        defaultValue="/usr/local/poky/eabi-glibc/arm/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include"
                        id="poky.toolchain.toolchain.compiler.general.incpath"
                        name="Include paths"
                        valueType="includePath">
                        <listOptionValue
                              value="/usr/local/poky/eabi-glibc/arm/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include">
                        </listOptionValue>
                  </option>
                  <option
                        defaultValue="-c"
                        id="poky.toolchain.toolchain.compiler.general.check-all"
                        name="Other flags"
                        valueType="string">
                  </option>
                  <option
                        command="-Wall"
                        commandFalse="-w"
                        id="poky.toolchain.toolchain.compiler.general.errors"
                        name="Error Messages"
                        valueType="boolean">
                  </option>
               </tool>
               <tool
                     command="arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc"
                     id="com.buglabs.dragonfly.cdt.tool1"
                     isAbstract="false"
                     name="Linker"
                     outputFlag="-o">
                  <inputType
                        buildVariable="OBJS"
                        id="com.buglabs.dragonfly.cdt.inputType1"
                        multipleOfType="true"
                        name="Linker input"
                        sources="o">
                  </inputType>
                  <outputType
                        id="com.buglabs.dragonfly.cdt.outputType1"
                        name="Linker output"
                        outputs="elf">
                  </outputType>
               </tool>