[cdt-dev] using generated makefiles outside eclipse?

The first is if I cand use the eclipse generated makefiles outside the IDE by
simply calling make from terminal
My eclipse workspace has several projects, most of them build in a shared
library and one of them
is an executable that links to all the librarys. When I tryed to call make
outside the eclipse IDE i
changed directory to the Debug directory of the executable project(i see
there is where the makefile is generated)  and type
make
and I get:
make: Nothing to be done for `makefile'.

can someone plz explain me how this is actually done?

if I sent this message twice, I appolagise. I got a warrning that I didn't
subscribe to the mailing list so I subscribed and sent it again.