From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Wrighton
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 10:14 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] CDT and RAP

Hi,

Does anyone know much about the RAP (Rich Ajax Platform) and more specifically whether it would be at all feasible to port some or all of the CDT to use it, instead of RCP? From what I understand, it replaces some of the graphical parts of the Eclipse platform (SWT, JFace, the workbench) with cut-down implementations that generate Ajax code so that you can effectively run Eclipse inside a browser. I suspect this would be a huge project but I haven't found much documentation yet on porting existing plug-ins.

Mike

Back to the top