Re: [cdt-dev] Toolchain woes

> I appears as the Tool class assumes that there can be only one primary
> input type (see getPrimaryInputType() in the Tool class), and the Gnu
> makefile generator returns an IPath object from
> getAdditionalResourcesForSource (which are added to the command line)
> for all resources which aren't of the primary input type, so I get:
>
> iccarm [...] -o "$@" "$<" "../foo.cpp"
>
> since foo.cpp is not a primary input type according to
> getPrimaryInputType().

The reason we chose to generate our own makefiles is that the CDT we
initially started with did not support whitespaced filenames. Using
our own make utility+generator allowed us to support this more easily.
Nowadays we also use it to be able to handle very specific build
scenarios. And apparantly this choice prevented the above issue to arise.

Allowing a tool to only have one primary input sounds logical, but
perhaps you should create a bugzilla entry where this issue can be
discussed. As a workaround you may consider to use your own generator
too, but note that the current makefile generator is not really
intended to be subclassed (see bugzilla #110600).

Regards,
  Wieant

Back to the top