[cdt-dev] Toolchain woes

Hi all,

I keep having troubles with my toolchain.

I tried to create a single tool for C and C++ compilations, since it is
the same physical binary responsible for both. Also, the compiler
options are identical, and I'd prefer not having to duplicate them in
two tools. When I tried adding two input types to the tool (one for c
and one for c++), CDT attempted to pass source code files multiple times
to the compiler (which casued a fatal compiler error). I tried to fiddle
around with the "primaryInput" attribute, but to no success. Is it
possible to have a single tool for C and C++, and if so, how?

I then tried splitting up the C/C++ tool into two tools which inherit
from a common base tool. This sort of worked, but I cannot get the
abstract tool to be hidden from the user. I'm guessing that it is to the
fact that the abstract tool has a bunch of option categories and options
which force it to be visible. Do I need to mark each option and category
as abstract as well?

<whining>
All these attempts at moving around things in plugin.xml is EXTREMELY
error-prone (not to mention how tedious it is), since there is
absolutely ZERO support in Eclipse/CDT for doing basic things like
verifying that superClass-references are correct or even intelligent
completion when entering superClass-references.
</whining>

--
/Jesper

Back to the top