Re: [cdt-dev] Scanner info macro file

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a question regarding compiler scanner info. Besides
>> symbol definitions and include paths our compilers also
>> provide builtin function prototypes, pragmas and some other
>> preprocessor stuff. Actually the whole scanner info part
>> (except from include
>> paths) can be fed to the scanner as one macro file. I noticed
>> the scanner is using an ExtendedScannerInfo class which has
>> an entry to pass such a macro file, is it possible to have a
>> scanner-info-provider providing such a macro file instead of
>> a list of symbol definitions?

> Just implement your own scanner info provider using
> IExtendedScannerInfo.
>
> Walter

A scanner info provider doesn't seem to have a straight connection to
IExtendedScannerInfo, it gets passed a IScannerInfoCollector, which in
turn has a contributeToScannerConfig(resource,Map scannerInfo)
method. This scannerInfo Map seems to have ScannerInfoTypes as its key
type, and that class does not seem to contain a MACRO_FILES entry. So
even though I do have my own provider I'm missing the point at how to
link it to IExtendedScannerInfo?

Regards,
  Wieant

Back to the top