RE: [cdt-dev] BuildConsole (Enhancement #203727)

I believe the Line tracking in eclipse did not exist when the original error parsing/build console was done.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Hagge, Nils
Sent: November 6, 2007 6:23 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] BuildConsole (Enhancement #203727)

Hey,

I already added colorization of the build console and submitted a patch (see #203727).

Doug gave a positive comment and asked for hyperlinking, which I and my colleague

would also find very helpful. It see in the bugzilla that the patch has not been resolved or

assigned, yet.

Now, I wanted to look at the build console in order to support hyperlinking and found at

bugzilla and old discussion about that. It seems that this discussion suddenly stopped.

While examing the architecture of the Error Parser Manager and the Error Parsers in CDT,

I recognized that their is already the concept of LineTrackers available in Eclipse, which I

already used successfully for another non-CDT based eclipse plug-in. At some point it seems to me

that their is a remarkable overlapping. And I wonder why the Error Parsers are not based

on line trackers.

Can anyone tell me, whether this has a specific reason?

Anyway, we would invest some time to implement the hyper link feature, because colleagues

find it would be really helpful.

Nils

Back to the top