[cdt-dev] Fw: [dsdp-dd-dev] CDT Summit?

Cross-posting to the cdt-dev list...

Speaking from a CDT perspective, we've experimented in the past with this,
but it never has worked out very well.  It's a pain to setup and very hard
to capture all of the audio in the room as people discuss issues, etc.  We
more or less resolved last time that we weren't going to try it again and I
don't think anything has changed to make us change our minds (e.g. no one
is offering up a small fortune for us to properly wire the room for sound).

As far as recorded video, there are a few issues here.

a) Someone has to run the camera.  Unless we pay a videographer, this is
not likely to happen because it will essentially suck up someone's time
entirely.
b) Three days of discussions is a lot of video to capture and upload.
We're talking tens of gigabytes.  This isn't really practical for us to
manage.

If someone is willing to pay for all the above to happen then we can
revisit the issue, but to be honest, for what it would cost you could just
pay for the travel for all the interested parties (which is probably on the
order of five).

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

----- Forwarded by Chris Recoskie/Toronto/IBM on 14/08/2007 07:50 AM -----

             "James Blackburn"
             <james.blackburn@
             broadcom.com>                                              To
             Sent by:                  "Device Debugging developer
             dsdp-dd-dev-bounc         discussions"
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx            <dsdp-dd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             14/08/2007 06:07                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: [dsdp-dd-dev] CDT Summit?

             Please respond to
             Device Debugging
                 developer
                discussions
             <dsdp-dd-dev@ecli
                 pse.org>

Indeed, I know cameras are a pain, but would it be possible to record the
presentations and post the to Google Video -- similar to a Google TechTalk?
I'm very new at the whole Eclipse game, and some context on where the DSF
is going/coming from would be great to help put things in perspective (the
same would be true for the CDT talks...).

James