From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Asim Zaka
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:43 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] GUI Plugin Development

Hi all,

I have just ported C source to eclipse development environment and
made a set of Makefiles what can compile the C code with various
compilers for various microprocessors.

Now what I want to do is to be able to make a simple GUI which
plugs-into eclipse and all it does is configures the type of build
that the user needs to have. for example, it has drop down menus called:

Compilers: different compilers to chose from.

Microprocessors: Different microprocessors to chose from

Build Type: Source dependant defines.

Can someone please suggest the best place for me to start from? Like
what process do I need to go through on eclipse project, what
libraries do I need, what eclipse extension do I develop on? These
kind of simple questions.

Regards,

Asim Pervez Zaka
Firmware Engineer